Andrew is not an attractive man; his nose was broken during the Battle of Hogwarts, and he never had it fixed; he is shorter than average at 5’6”, and now rather fat, though he had not been as a boy. But he does the best with what he has - he pays great attention to his grooming and wardrobe selection. He doesn't have the means to dress at the height of fashion, it’s more that he always looks extremely put together, and tends just one level of formality higher than a given occasion demands.
Andrew has a fairly dour countenance, and most often gives off the impression that he is unhappy and, perhaps, contemptuous; his resting expression features a half scowl that easily slips into a full scowl. The pitch of his voice is low and has a bit of gravel to it. Melts a bit around animals.
Publicly Known History
A veteran of the Battle of Hogwarts (often a surprise to people who meet him), Andrew now works in the relatively newly created Magical Records and Genealogy. His work involves researching the family trees of wizarding families (which he will render in illuminated calligraphy for important families) and ensuring the accuracy of the Ministry's genealogical records for purposes of tracking the purity of blood lines. This sometimes takes him into the field to investigate whether family histories are accurate when questions arise. Often questions are raised anonymously and for political purposes; an uninvited visit from Andrew Larkin is not generally seen as a welcome one.
- The Ministry
- His tiny row home near the Ministry
- Diagon Alley
- The British Library
Connections and Allies
(friends, allies, enemies, whatever)
- Osbert Greengrass - new acquaintance; perhaps worth getting to know more
- Trayven Graves - terrifying Auror who has taken an interest in Andrew. Not one to offend
- Lexie Aleksandrina - half-blood witch who was kind to Andrew after he returned her puffskein
- Gabriel Wright - Half vampire/Half wizard(Andrew assumes) kid who mocked Andrew at the British Library. Looking for someone, who Andrew assumes isn't a wizard.
- Edward and Eloise Larkin - Andrew’s parents, who moved from London back to Trier, Germany, shortly after the Battle of Hogwarts.
- Jakob and Miriam Serebrenik - Andrew’s maternal grandparents, who also live in Trier.
- Miriam recently published ‘’Juden von Trier und Luxemburg: Zauberer und Muggels, 1276-1939’’ or ‘’The Jews of Trier and Luxembourg: Wizards and Muggles, 1276-1939’’. The copy Jakob sent to Andrew in 2019 is inscribed in English: “Schatzi, Your grandmother started work on this as soon as we returned. You are who you are. Don’t forget.” The book details history of, and cooperation between, Jewish wizards and muggles in the area of Trier, Germany and Luxembourg over the centuries, making particular mention of development of the muggle Kabbalah tradition’s incorporation of concepts (though not practice) of arithmancy during the 16th century, and the wizards attempts to protect muggle Jews during the 1939-1945 muggle war.
- Melchior “Mel” Oberon, a French Wizard who married and English witch in late 2018.
- Andrew certified his status as pure blooded in advance of his daughter’s birth.
- Andrew has not spoken to Mel or his family since.
(songs that relate)
- Losing my Religion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg
- Eleanor Rigby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuS5NuXRb5Y
- Delilah (by Queen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEYRoXWmWYU
(these should be based on IC events, not OOC jokes)
- (Among his wizard neighbors) Andrew never has visitors to his home. Except, he once had a beautiful woman there who tried to seduce Mr. Pembroke! (Andrew got into an argument on the street angrily denying this rumor)
(things said in game)
- "Sod off, Pembrokes!"
This character is portrayed by Maerdwyn