“I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for.”
This Venue is closing down on December 1st. We are no longer accepting Character Creations for Azkaban!
After the great wizarding war the dementors were removed from Azkaban as they were deemed torturous by Shacklebolt. This opens up Azkaban as a place where life sentence prisoners of the wizarding world and its Security Aurors can socialise, plot against each other etc and cause drama within their prison.
Creation Rules for Azkaban Prison
- Inmates are considered lifers (they will never leave).
- Azkaban is considered PVP due to the inhabitants being violent convicts.
- We highly encourage pure bloods in our game.
- Animagi are rare, Metamorphagi even rarer. Please ask before creation to prevent disappointment.
- Azkaban is secure! Getting in or out without permission should be difficult and ultimately impossible. There have been zero reports of breakouts since the end of the Second Wizarding War.
- Inmates DO NOT have wands and very restricted personal items.
- At this time Aurors cannot leave as it is a game within a game, but that may change in the future.
- Squibs are considered Mortal Characters in our game. This is due to hiding from being executed in the 2nd Wizarding World.
- Muggleborns do exist, but they’re rare and face prejudice. If you wish to play a Muggleborn; Take time to consider how your character feels about this.
- Electronics do not work at Azkaban. Ghosts zap the energy out of them as soon as they arrive on the island.
- Wandless magic does not exist in our setting. All spells require a wand.
- Playing a canon character is an option, but remember that we are telling new stories.
- RP in this setting may contain triggers that are upsetting to some gamers.
- It will cost a 1.00 subscription donation to verify your age before gaining access to Azkaban Role-Play.
For centuries, when wizards spoke of werewolves, they were speaking of lycanthropy. The best-known example of this is Remus Lupin. Lycanthropes are cursed and cannot control the change, nor do they possess free will or self-control while they are changed (unless a potion is made to lessen the effect).
True werewolves (Garou) are born not made. They have a society and different abilities of their own. They can control the change and remain themselves no matter which form they are in. It is possible for a true werewolf to go into a frenzy state, but this is rare and is not caused by the full moon.
Garou consider lycanthropes to be creatures of impure blood (like muggle born are to wizards) and tend to dislike them on principle. The fact that wizarding society sees the two as the same is highly offensive. Many wizards still do not understand the difference and treat werewolves with fear and disdain.
- If you already have a character in the game, please have a thought about how to avoid having the same friends/contacts/enemies. We request that you avoid cross-relationships with other characters your primary character knows to prevent meta-gaming. For example, if you have one character in London and one in Arkham, base it out of New York.
- Make sure you really think about your history and goals, this helps the Guardians with any storytelling in the future.
- If you are playing a Muggle-Born you will need to provide in your history how you avoided being killed during and shortly after the 2nd Great Wizarding War.
- Only Wizards can be Aurors or an inmate.
NPCs of Note
- Rebecca Alderman
- Carl Summers
- Stinton (deceased)
- Andrew Roache (Azra's favourite)
- Marjorie Ringwood (Paige's replacement)
- Sam Carson (Maxwell's man)
- Kade Wilson (Mr Great Escape)
- Derrik Logan (the Tattooed Man)
- Larch Puckridge (the kid)
Azkaban Character Sheet
Players Name or Nickname:
Age & DoB:
Country of Birth:
Auror or Inmate?:
Blood Type (Full, Half, Muggle born):
Literary Crossover (Yes/No):
LC (Name of Book or Movie):
Desired Character Ties:
Wand (Aurors Only):
Pet/familiar (optional – Aurors Only):
Mundane & Magical Strengths:
Mundane & Magical Weaknesses:
Unusual abilities or possessions:
(give as much information as possible; the more the better. Information you wish to keep secret can be sent privately to the Guardians)
Details of Personal Items (Inmates have very little comforts):
History of Relations: (Mother, Father, Siblings, others):
(If Muggle-born, how did you escape execution?):
IC Goals (thoughtful short-term and long-term goals):
Connections to other supernatural groups, if any:
Existing PC/NPC connections:
Inmates: What did you do to warrant a life sentence at the prison? Be thorough and as villainous as possible:
Date of incarceration (please don't backdate too far, continuity is delicate):
History (please be thorough but concise; aim for 300-1000 words):
Info for the Guardians
What other characters do you play in our game?
How will you avoid benefiting from or interacting with them and their allies?
Is there anything you wish to get out of our game personally?:
Is there a part of your history you would like to explore in the future?:
This category currently contains no pages or media.