Creation Rules for Vampire: The Masquerade
If you're new to Vampire: the Masquerade, please read this Vampire Primer.
- World of Darkness Venues are Restricted to Players over the age of 18.
- All Vampires start with all 3 Basic In-Clan powers at level 5. We must balance the game; everyone is capped out from the moment of embrace. Giovanni characters have a primary path at 5 and a secondary path at 3, along with two rituals. Other clans may select a non-clan discipline from the following list at level 2 (Animalism, Auspex, Celerity, Dominate, Fortitude, Obfuscate, Potence or Presence).
- Camarilla/Anarchs/Independent: Must start with Path of Humanity.
- Young Sabbat: Must start with Path of Humanity.
- Older Sabbat: May justify alternative Path of Enlightenment in background.
- Supernatural and Wizarding Treaty info can be found on this page.
- Vampires will need blood to survive. Please remember there is always a fight between Man and Beast; it is sometimes uncontrollable and strong.
- A vampire who Ghouls or embraces a Witch/Wizard will force that Witch/Wizard to no longer have their abilities. Please take extreme care when choosing to do so.
- If one of your characters is in a position of power (such as Camarilla Prince), please consider giving a lesser known character the opportunity to take on another role (such as Primogen), this will help balance power in the game.
- Ghouling is a deliberate act, involving consumption of vampire blood and an expenditure of Willpower by the vampire. Further blood and Willpower is required monthly to maintain ghoul benefits. Ghouling a Witch/Wizard strips them of their magic permanently.
- Drinking vampire blood gives a euphoric high to non-vampires. It can also be used to heal lethal wounds. It is VERY addictive. If your character ever drinks vampire blood, please message the Guardians immediately. Results may vary 🙂 It also creates a Blood Bond (see below).
- It is unwise and unethical to feed upon Wizarding Students per the Supernatural Agreement with the Wizarding Council. You will be caught.
- Generations do not exist in our game. However age can still have its perks and its downfalls. Insanely old vampires are rare, and limited to NPCs. Try to keep it within a few centuries please (ie, under 300 since embrace) :)
- Male Vampires who have been embraced 20 years or less can have a chance to father a Dhampyr child. Dhampyr are half-vampire offspring. Female vampires cannot become pregnant. This child of a witch/vampire cannot have both wizard and vampire powers, a choice must be made of one or the other. Those with witch powers are half-vampires of the Wizarding World, not Dhampyr.
- You may only have 1 of this character type in play and it must start play in its home location of Paris France.
A reminder, the Sabbat dominate Paris, and are the major players in this game.
- Sabbat Clans allowed: Lasombra, Tzimisce, Brujah Antitribu, Toreador Antitribu, Ventrue Antitribu, Nosferatu Antitribu, Malkavian Antitribu, City Gangrel, and Assamite Antitribu.
- Camarilla Clans allowed: Brujah, Gangrel, Nosferatu, Toreador,, Ventrue, Assamite, Ravnos (DA V20 Versions -see below in notes-), and Malkavian.
- Independent Clans allowed: Giovanni, Gangrel, Assamite, Nosferatu.
- Clans not mentioned here are either non-existent in this world, or rare for a reason. Please ask before creating one to avoid disappointment.
- Please carefully note Clan/Sect boundaries.
Note on Clan Ravnos
Clan Ravnos (Status: Near-Extinction): During the 2nd Great Wizarding War the Clan decided to try and profit off of the chaos. Manipulated by Dark Magic the clan’s power of Chimerstry overloaded and caused madness for days causing nearly the entire clan (on a Global Scale) to nearly wipe itself out.
Creating a Ravnos PC: Due to player issues with the original Clan history we are going to refer to the Dark Ages V:20 Clan background for this Clan. We prefer that they are rare. When they are created they must not have any ties with any Romani, Traveller, or Gypsy backgrounds.
Vampire Character Sheets